Show Archives - Nick Stellino
Cucina Amore with Nick Stellino
| Series 1 | Series 2
| Series 3 |
& Personality Elevate Italian Immigrant to Prestigious Television Chef
"You should never die without having followed your dreams."
- Uncle Giovanni -
Nick Stellino remembers the day he decided to take his uncle's words to theart.
He was standing in his Los Angeles office peering out the window at the bustling
sidewalks below. His financial career as a stockbroker left him with a hollowness
inside that he couldn't shake. Uncle Giovanni's words popped into his head: "You
should never die without having followed your dreams."
The words took his thoughts back to Italy, to the humble red-tiled country
home where Nick recently traveled to join his family in paying his last respects
to his favorite uncle. As the family gathered around the oldman's bed, Uncle Giovanni
struggled with his final breath to leave some last, important words of advice.
As his deep Italian voice cracked the silence of the room, imploring them to
follow their dreams, he had no way of knowing that his words would have such a
profound impact on his nephew. "You should never die without having followed
Present day. A phone rang loudly, snapping Stellino and his thoughts back to
southern California. A client needed the day's closing prices and advice about
some commodities in question. Finishing his phone call, Stellino looked back out
into the September afternoon and the daydream returned.
Autumn. Harvest time in his native Palermo. A time of ripening olives, tomatoes,
eggplant, peppers, and a time when his family gathered around the table to tell
stories and share laughter. It was these thoughts that made him feel most alive.
His uncle's words came to him again, and Stellino remembers asking himself,
"Is this all I have to look forward to? Sitting in my office, answering the
phone, day after day, after day??"
Today, Stellino has put those days behind him. He is pursuing his dream and
achieving success as the passionate, congenial host of Cucina Amore, one of the
most popular shows on television.
Stellino gave up his seven-year career as a stockbroker to chase his lifelong
passion - to bring the hospitality and flavors of his family's country kitchen
into the lives of others. But it was easier to dream than to achieve the dream,
"It took me a long time to figure out why my uncle's words kept pounding
at the back of my head," Stellino said. "They just wouldn't ease. They
Realizing that his passion was preparing and sharing meals with the kind of
intimacy he learned in his grandmother's "cucina," he left the stock
market behind, and set about to become a chef. After taking jobs as a dishwasher
just to be near a restaurant kitchen, Nick began to demonstrate his skills and
earned positions as head chef at several small southern California eateries. He
continued to hone his culinary skills in Los Angeles, working at such well-known
restaurants as Drago, Farfalla and La Terrazza.
His engaging Sicilian personality and genuine warmth attracted the attention
of Ragu, the internationally known Italian food products company, which asked
him to serve as a company spokesperson. Stellino took that position for one year,
but still was seeking the opportunity to share his own cooking and home-grown
hospitality with more people.
In 1994, Stellino partnered with West 175 and KCTS Television, a public television
affiliate in Seattle, and launched Cucina Amore, a nationally syndicated cooking
show which he hosts. The show was scheduled to be carried in 97% of all the television
markets in the country by the end of 1995.
"Being a chef is a dream come true for me," Stellino said. "It
has enabled me to incorporate all the things that are important to me in my daily
Raising his hand into the air and pinching his thumb and forefinger together
in that emphatic Italian way, he said, "You see, cooking allows me to bring
all those things about my life that are good into the lives of others. It's the
way my grandmother made all of us feel as she lovingly served meal after meal,
and memory after memory, that I try to replicate through every dish."
"I now understand what Uncle Giovanni meant when he said 'follow your
passions'," Stellino said. "I could still be back daydreaming about
what could be. Instead, I took a shot at the dream - and it's working."
SERIES 1 EPISODE LISTING
101 Tomato Sauce
- Quick, easy and flavorful tomato sauce and simply elegant tuna steaks in a
piquant caper, black olive, balsamic vinegar and tomato sauce.
- Sicily's famous savory eggplant relish with onion, capers and black olives
followed by a delicious veal, potato and carrot stew.
- Quick and easy, toasted garlic bread topped with chopped tomatoes, basil and
garlic followed by pasta tossed with a flavorful clam, wine and tomato sauce.
104 Baked Swordfish
- Swordfish steaks smothered in onions, cheese and rich tomato sauce served
with classic Italian risotto with saffron.
105 Onion Glazed Pot Roast
- Family favorite, melt-in-the-mouth pot roast and onions in hearty gravy served
with creamy garlic mashed potatoes.
106 Shrimp in the Pot
- Tender shrimp cooked in a flavorful sauce of wine, garlic and tomato sauce
served with baked tomatoes filled with savory rice.
107 Sausage Stuffing
- Flavorful stuffing of spicy sausage, mushrooms, cheese and seasoned bread
crumbs fills thick and juicy pork chops and sweet bell peppers.
108 Roasted Chicken
- Flavor-filled chicken roasted with wine, rosemary and sage served with garlicky
oven roasted potatoes.
109 Terrine of Roasted Eggplant
- Sweet roasted eggplant with spicy bread crumbs and tangy cheese combine in
a melt-in-your-mouth appetizer.
110 Seafood Pasta
- Shrimp, scallops and pasta are especially flavorful cooked in an aluminum
foil pouch, followed by easy and delicious baked ice cream cake.
- The Italian classic of veal cooked until butter-tender in tomato sauce and
wine, served with irresistible peas and bacon.
112 Pasta with Sausage Sauce
- Homestyle pasta cooked with spicy sausage and creamy ricotta cheese served
with a salad of sweet roasted bell peppers and feta cheese.
113 Lamb Chops with Enzino's Pesto
- Garlic, mint and rosemary marinated lamb chops served with pesto sauce and
a hearty grilled mushroom salad.
114 Hunter's Chicken
- Simple and hearty, chicken and mushrooms are simmered in tomato sauce and
followed by creamy bread pudding for dessert.
115 Eggdrop Soup
- Light, flavorful eggdrop soup is served with garlic bread and three different
spreads: olive, sun-dried tomato, and gorgonzola cheese.
116 Pasta Frittata
- Easy pasta, egg and cheese omelet is teamed with tangy zucchini and porcini
mushrooms in balsamic vinegar on the side.
117 Shrimp with Prosciutto
- Juicy shrimp cooked in zesty ham wrap is served on a savory bed of lentils,
tomatoes and onions - a great appetizer or main dish.
118 Pasta with Porcini Mushrooms
- Quick and easy pasta tossed with porcini mushrooms and tomatoes followed by
creamy ricotta cheese and chocolate chip cake.
119 Pasta "Sidewalk Cinderella"
- Hearty garlic, black olive and caper sauce for pasta served with extra sweet
120 Chicken Fricassee
- Plump chicken breasts are stuffed with ham, cheese and herbs and served with
peas and carrots in cream sauce.
121 Nanci's Pasta
- Fast and fresh, pasta tossed with sausage and sun-dried tomato sauce served
with tender roasted bell peppers on garlic toast.
122 Smoked Salmon Pasta
- An easy celebration, pasta with smoked salmon and vodka sauce and delicious
creamy strawberry custard.
123 Potato and Onion Soup
- Simple and satisfying, potato and onion soup served with herbed focaccia bread.
124 Bean Soup
- Simple and satisfying, pinto beans, onions and tomato soup followed by savory
omelet of sweet sausage and onion.
125 Fillet of Tomato Pasta
- Extra simple, delicious tomato sauce out of a can tossed with pasta and served
with sweet roasted eggplant in balsamic vinegar.
126 Veal Cutlets Pizza Style
- Easy and elegant, tender veal cutlets are cooked in tomato sauce and served
with sweet and sour pearl onions.
127 Shrimp Pasta
- Quick and delicious, shrimp tossed with pasta in a garlic-white wine sauce
and dessert of cookies, custard and whipped cream.
128 Grilled Pork Tenderloin
- Juicy pork tenderloin is stuffed with ham and cheese and served with tedner
stewed potatoes with tomatoes, onion and garlic.
129 Grouper Cutlet
- Italian fish and chips, plump white fish fillets in a toasted crumb coating
served with zesty bread fritters.
130 Potato Pancake with Mushrooms
- Fabulous brunch or appetizer, grated potato and onion pancake stuffed with
mushrooms with Italian cheeses and wines.
131 Baked Pasta with Sausage
- Hearty baked dish of pasta, onion, garlic, sausage, tomato and cheese followed
by sweet strawberries in tangy balsamic vinegar.
132 Pasta with Peas, Cream and Ham
- Fast and delicious, pasta in a simple ham, pea and cream sauce served with
a salad of cooked mushrooms on crisp greens.
133 Roasted Stuffing
- Simple and satisfying, loaf of roasted sausage, onion and spicy bread crumbs
served with creamy milk pudding and almonds.
134 Swordfish Rolls
- Swordfish rolled around a delicious stuffing of pinenuts, raisins and breadcrumbs
is complemented by simple sweet pepper and potato soup.
135 Potato Frittata
- Easy brunch or picnic, crusty potatoes, garlic and rosemary omelet and eggs
scrambled with porcini mushrooms, tomato, onions and cheese.
136 Sausage and Sun-dried Tomato Risotto
- Creamy rice flavored with spicy sausage, red onions and sun-dried tomato and
a simple soup of eggplant, onion, garlic and tomato.
137 Veal with Sage and Prosciutto
- Quick saute of tender veal slices, prosciutto and fresh sage with Marsala
sauce followed by strawberries with mint and wine.
138 Pasta with Shrimp and Capers
- Quick and easy, pasta with shrimp and capers in tomato and wine sauce followed
by a golden puff pastry and apple tart.
139 Garlic and Oil Pasta
- Simple and flavorful, garlic, olive oil and cheese sauce for pasta served
with fried balls of tender eggplant in minty tomato sauce.
140 Wild Mushroom Pasta
- Ready in minutes, pasta with wild mushrooms, cream and tomato served with
incredibly easy Caesar salad with garlic, anchovies, and Romano cheese.
141 Radicchio and Gorgonzola Pasta
- Tangy gorgonzola cheese with crisp, red radicchio in creamy sauce with meltingly
tender, stewed sweet red, green and yellow bell peppers.
142 Stuffed Meat Roll
- Celebration or holiday meal, beef stuffed with spicy sausage, provolone cheese,
hard boiled egg and salami, simmered in a flavorful tomato sauce.
143 Baked Stuffed Mushrooms
- Big meaty mushroom caps, stuffed with cheese and seasoned bread crumbs, baked
in tomato sauce.
144 Pasta with Sun-dried Tomato Sauce
- Easy and flavorful, pasta tossed in a rich sun-dried tomato sauce with basil
and pine nuts followed by a refreshing coffee ice dessert.
145 Baked Striped Sea Bass
- Easy baked whole sea bass stuffed with garlic, lemon and rosemary served with
creamy wild mushroom risotto.
146 Pasta with Gorgonzola and Walnuts
- Creamy, rich gorgonzola cheese sauce tossed with pasta and crunchy toasted
walnuts followed by a spicypoached fruit compote.
147 Veal Scallops with Capers and Lemon
- Fast and elegant, tender veal slices with capers and lemon sauce served with
crisp potato coins.
148 Pasta with Rosemary Chicken
- Chunks of tender rosemary chicken and pasta in a flavorful tomato sauce with
delicious pear and walnut tart for dessert.
149 Braised Sausage with Broccoli Rape
- Simple and satisfying, sausage and broccoli greens and tomato sauce and tender
cauliflower with pine nuts, raisins and tomato sauce.
150 Stuffed Artichoke Hearts
- Tender artichoke hearts stuffed with seasoned bread crumbs and mushrooms are
followed by pasta in a vodka tomato sauce.
151 Pasta with Eggplant and Tomato Sauce
- Simple and spectacular, cubed eggplant, tomato sauce, basil and smoked mozzarella
cheese tossed with pasta and easy peaches baked with cookie crumbs and meringue.
152 Pasta with Shrimp and Green Onions
- Tender shrimp simmered in a flavorful tomato sauce with brandy, cream and
green onions served with garlicky fried tomato halves.
SERIES 2 EPISODE LISTING
201 Pasta Carbonara
- Quick and easy, pasta tossed with a creamy sauce of eggs, bacon and cheese
followed by sauteed scallops with lemony spinach.
202 Pasta with Cold Tomato Sauce
- Fast and fresh, flavorful herbed tomato sauce tossed with pasta served with
garlic-herb crusted pork loin.
203 Chicken with Orange Cream Sauce
- Tender chicken breasts smothered in flavorful orange cream sauce, and a dessert
of cookies, custard, raspberries and whipped cream.
204 Pasta with Capers and Anchovies
- Quick and tasty pasta tossed with breadcrumbs, cheese, capers and anchovies
served with juicy broiled tomatoes stuffed with rice.
205 Artichoke Relish
- Savory artichoke relish with onion, capers and black olives followed by traditional
Sicilian deep dish pizza topped with onions.
206 Pan-fried Chilean Sea Bass
- Snowy white fish fillets served in a pool of fresh herbed tomato sauce with
areamy rice in balsamic vinegar sauce.
207 Zucchini Pasta
- Pasta cooked with zucchini, garlic, mint and basil and a simple peasant-style
tomato soup with bread croutons and cheese.
208 Peppered Tuna on a Bed of Lemony Limas
- Elegant tuna steaks coated with crushed black pepper served on a refreshing
lima bean, fennel and lemon salad, followed by sinfully rich white chocolate mousse.
209 Pasta with Artichokes, Leeks and Olives
- Pasta tossed with rich sauce of tomatoes, artichokes, leeks and olives is
served with succulent broiled lamb chops in a balsamic vinegar sauce.
210 Onion Frittata
- Easy and flavorful caramelized onion omelet served with mushrooms sauteed
with garlic, cream and Marsala.
211 Romaine Salad with Gorgonzola and Pancetta
- Romaine lettuce and seasoned croutons coated with a creamy dressing of tangy
Gorgonzola cheese and bacon followed by pasta tossed with fresh tomatoes and basil.
212 Apricot Chicken
- Tender chicken pieces baked in a rich sauce of apricots, capers, mustard and
white wine vinegar and hazelnut cake drenched in lemon syrup for dessert.
213 Eggplant Rolls
- Melt-in-your-mouth bites of roasted eggplant rolled around garlicky goat cheese
followed by delicious pasta topped with clams and porcini mushrooms.
214 Tuna Cakes with Spicy Mayonnaise
- Golden patties of mashed potatoes and tuna served with spicy mayonnaise, followed
by oranges and caramel sauce over vanilla ice cream.
215 Savory Meat Pie
- Great appetizer or main course, meat pie seasoned with cinnamon, nutmeg, cumin
and thyme, followed by pears poached in Marsala and filled with sweetened ricotta
216 Gnocchi with Tomato Sauce
- Light and tender potato dumplings tossed with a rich tomato sauce and pumpkin
gnocchi tossed with a sage and butter sauce.
217 Pasta with Pancetta and Bell Peppers
- Bacon and bell peppers sauteed and then simmered in a rich herbed tomato sauce
followed by elegant apple custard tart.
218 Broccoli Soup with Potatoes and Garlic
- Simple and satisfying, hearty pureed soup of broccoli, potatoes and garlic,served
with rice-stuffed tomatoes with tuna sauce.
219 Chicken Paprikash
- Tender chicken pieces, sweet bell peppers and onion braised in tomato-paprika
sauce, served with creamy sour cream and chive mashed potatoes.
220 Risotto with Shrimp, Curry and Peas
- Creamy rice flavored with curry, shrimp and peas followed by delicious sparkling
wine pudding over berries.
221 Roasted Artichoke Hearts with Mushroom Caviar
- Fabulous first course, artichoke hearts stuffed with savory mushroom filling
followed by pasta tossed with sausage, zucchini and bell peppers.
222 Onion Soup with Gorgonzola and Prosciutto
- Hearty onion soup flavored with herbs, Marsala, tangy gorgonzola cheese and
ham, followed by succulent chicken nuggets simmered in tomato-wine sauce with
223 Pasta with Arugula
- Spicy arugula, tomatoes and anchovies combine in a rich pasta sauce, followed
by succulent fillets of Chilean sea bass with artichokes and mushrooms.
224 Ham Calzone
- Delicious, crisp pizza crust wrapped around a savory filling of smoky ham
and cheese or tender sauteed vegetables with cheese.
225 Braised Sausages with Polenta
- Simple and satisfying stew of braised Italian sausages and vegetables over
polenta followed by meltingly tender poached apples in a spiced sauce.
226 Pasta with Shrimp and Asparagus
- Quick and delicious shrimp and asparagus tossed with pasta in a tomato-brandy
sauce, served with mixed green salad with creamy Italian cheese dressing.
227 Olive Bread
- Rustic Italian bread studded throughout with flavorful Kalamata olives served
with savory pumpkin sausage soup.
228 Warm Chicken Salad
- Tender chicken nuggets sauteed in balsamic vinaigrette tossed with grapes,
feta cheese and salad greens follows a hearty vegetable and bread soup.
229 Pasta with Asparagus and Mushrooms
- Asparagus, shiitake mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes combine in a delicious
pasta sauce followed by a refreshing crisp green salad.
230 Scallops with Tomatoes and Saffron
- Moist, tender scallops swimming in a sauce of fresh tomatoes, white wine and
saffron over lemon rice pilaf with Italian chocolate cream pudding for dessert.
231 Roasted Lemon Chicken with Green Sauce
- Golden-brown roasted lemon chicken with flavorful oregano-parsley sauce served
with irresistible herbed mashed potatoes.
232 Eggplant with Tomatoes and Mint
- Sauteed eggplant simmered with tomatoes, garlic and mint is followed by pasta
tossed with a piquant tuna and lemon sauce.
233 Potato and Garlic Soup
- Simple and satisfying, creamy potato and garlic soup served with a piquant
green salad followed by a refreshing lemon ice.
234 Cauliflower au Gratin
- Capers, olives, garlic and anchovy pasta sauteed with cauliflower for an especially
flavorful dish served with pasta tossed with bacon, tomatoes and onions.
235 Moroccan Veal Stew
- Tender chunks of veal and eggplant simmered in a Moroccan-style stew studded
with raisins and pine nuts served with crisp salad of apples, green beans and
236 Mixed Salad with Oranges, Onions and Fennel
- An irresistible combination: oranges, onions and fennel tossed with baby salad
greens followed by hearty pasta with broccoli, sausages and sun-dried tomatoes.
237 Asparagus Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing
- Elegant salad of asparagus spears topped with smoked salmon, bell pepper,
capers and piquant dressing served with tender chicken breasts with savory rosemary
238 Cantaloupe with Prosciutto and Gorgonzola
- Cantaloupe, arugula and prosciutto drizzled with creamy Gorgonzola sauce followed
by an elegant pasta with sauteed scallops and artichokes.
239 Layered Picnic Pie
- Perfect for brunch or picnics, golden-brown crust surrounds layers of mushrooms,
eggplant, spinach, ricotta, ham, roasted peppers and provolone cheese.
240 Risotto with Four Cheeses
241 Potato Pizza
Rustic pizza topped with crisp potatoes slices, garlic, herbs and cheese followed
by a main-dish salad of tuna, green beans, potatoes, onions, sun-dried tomatoes
and pine nuts.
242 Artichoke Saute
- Savory saute of artichoke hearts, black olives, capers and anchovies followed
by elegant pasta soup with crispy puff pastry dome.
243 Pasta with Raisins and Pine Nuts
- Simple and satisfying pasta tossed with raisins, pine nuts, garlic and basil
with family-favorite, cherry almond rice pudding for dessert.
244 Pasta with Tuna and Tomatoes
- Quick and easy pasta tossed with a piquant sauce of tuna, capers and sun-dried
tomatoes followed by flavorful marinated steak salad.
245 Pot Roast Braised in Red Wine
- Family favorite, melt-in-your-mouth braised pot roast in a rich red wine gravy
followed by caramelized apples atop a golden puff pastry crust.
246 Carrot Soup
- Smooth and satisfying, colorful spicy carrot soup served with sauteed asparagus,
bell peppers and mushrooms over grilled polenta.
247 Scallop Salad with Orange Vinaigrette
- Easy and elegant salad of sauteed scallops surrounding a mound of mixed greens
topped with warm orange vinaigrette sauce, followed by chocolate and coffee custard.
248 Baked Pasta Wrapped in Eggplant Slices
- A sumptuous baked pasta layered with ham, cheese, rich meat sauce and cheesy
bechamel sauce, all wrapped in slices of eggplant.
249 Lamb Meatballs with Girgento Sauce
- Tender balls of ground lamb spiced with cinnamon, cumin, garlic and mint in
a rich tomato sauce, served with roasted eggplant mixed with cheese and bread
250 Braised Sausages with Cabbage and Apples
- Simple and flavorful, sweet Italian sausage simmered with cabbage and apples
in white wine, chicken stock and apple sauce, followed by delicious pumpkin cheesecake.
251 Pasta with Eggplant and Bell Peppers
- The delightful flavors of eggplant and bell peppers marry in this rich pasta
dish, served with green beans simmered with tomatoes, basil and garlic.
252 Roast Turkey with Herbs
- A holiday favorite with a twist - turkey seasoned with garlic and herbs and
filled with Italian stuffing, served with sweet potato souffle seasoned with thyme.
SERIES 3 EPISODE LISTING
301 Spanish Chicken with Almond Sauce
Flavor-filled Spanish favorites: garden-fresh gazpacho soup, chicken in elegant
almond sauce and creamy apple custard in caramel sauce.
302 Spaghetti and Meatballs
America's favorite pasta topped with juicy tender meatballs; elegant baked
pasta draped with roasted eggplant slices; and light, fruity apricot peach cream.
303 Cheesecake with Blackberry Sauce
An irresistible trio of desserts: cheesecake draped in flavorful blackberry
sauce; elegant lemon pistachio cream mousse; and rustic pine nut tart.
304 Beef and Bell Pepper Stew
Hearty stew loaded with tender chunks of beef and colorful bell peppers; rustic
potatoes roasted with prosciutto and onions; and mashed potatoes with Romano cheese.
305 Gorgonzola Pork Chops
Succulent apple-stuffed pork chops smothered in creamy Gorgonzola cheese sauce;
delectable onion, pancetta and Gorgonzola tart; and sweet roasted pear salad.
Spain's irresistible classic casserole of rice, chicken and shellfish; Lebanon's
most famous eggplant dish, baba ghanouj; and quick and easy Sardinian cracker
307 Chicken Cordon Bleu
Succulent chicken breasts filled with ham and cheese; lentil soup flavored
with lamb and mint; and quick and easy apricot raspberry clafouti dessert.
Crowd-pleasing spinach-filled lasagne; classic lasagne covered with rich meat
sauce and creamy béchamel sauce; and delicate artichoke spread on toasted
309 Chocolate Torte
A trio of delicious desserts: elegant chocolate walnut torte, creamy ricotta
cheese rum-raisin tart and crispy orange almond biscotti.
310 Steak with Red Wine Sauce
Melt-in-your-mouth beef tenderloin with a savory red wine sauce; quick and
easy onions baked in balsamic vinegar; and elegant, creamy lemon soufflé.
311 Pork Chops with Prune-Port Sauce
Plump juicy pork chops smothered in prune-port wine sauce; fragrant, anise-flavored
braised fennel; and quick and easy raspberries topped with chocolate orange cream.
312 Fisherman's Gnocchi
Tender potato dumplings topped with seafood in a creamy tomato sauce; quick
and easy pasta with shrimp and zucchini; and smooth, delicious cappuccino mousse.
313 Spinach Cheese Pie
A simplified version of Greece's famous spinach and cheese pie; fragrant almond,
onion and orange soup; and simple honey orange mousse.
314 Chicken with Garlic Sauce
Tender herbed chicken breasts topped with a rich garlic sauce; savory roasted
eggplant and garlic soup; and easy carrots and garlic.
315 Cannelloni with Prosciutto and Zucchini
Pasta with creamy ricotta, prosciutto and zucchini filling baked with tomato
and béchamel sauces; family-style baked pasta layered with peas and asparagus;
and light, creamy strawberry meringues.
Creamy custard atop a fragrant mixture of spiced lamb, eggplant and potatoes;
grilled lamb and vegetables in garlicky yogurt sauce; and spinach with raisins
and pine nuts.
317 Braised Beef with Olives
Mouth-watering beef stew flavored with green olives and orange; aromatic roasted
vegetables; and juicy strawberries topped with sweetened ricotta cheese.
318 Pork Chops with Mustard Sauce
Tender juicy pork chops simmered in herbed mustard sauce; aromatic rice pilaf
with currants and pine nuts; and Provences famous vegetable stew, ratatouille.
319 Sicilian Fish Soup
Quick and easy tomato-based fish soup with the unexpected addition of curry;
spicy potato stew; and rich, creamy coffee cheesecake.
320 Moroccan Chicken with Olives
Tender chicken pieces in Moroccan sauce filled with spices, olives and the
fresh tang of lemon; out-of-the-ordinary cauliflower with capers and olives; and
colorful melon, orange and olive salad.
321 Pasta with Golden Pepper Sauce
A colorful medley of easy bell pepper dishes: pasta with golden bell pepper
sauce, broccoli with smoky roasted red bell peppers and peppers simmered in Spanish
322 Rack of Lamb with Mustard, Garlic and Rosemary
Delectable rack of lamb baked with a flavorful herbed garlic-mustard crust;
cheesy potatoes au gratin; and savory eggplant spread on garlic toast.
323 Shrimp Fritters
Great tasting crispy shrimp fritters with spicy mayonnaise; easy to make sun-dried
tomato and cheese spread on garlic toast; and Spains traditional honey vanilla
rice flan dessert.
324 North African Mussels and Clams
Spicy, fragrant mussels and clams in tomato-infused sauce; couscous spinach
pilaf with the fresh touch of lemon; and creamy mascarpone coffee whip with chocolate
325 Stuffed Chicken Rolls
Tender chicken breasts wrapped around savory bread stuffing are simmered in
brandy-spiked mushroom sauce; fast and easy ginger-glazed carrots; and elegant
Italian mocha cream pudding.
326 Rice Balls with Four Cheeses
A Sicilian specialty, robust golden rice balls filled with cheese; pasta topped
with colorful vegetable ragú sauce; and walnut cake spiced with honey-cinnamon
327 Ginger Tuna
Extra simple, pan-seared tuna steaks with flavorful butter-lemon-ginger sauce;
colorful layered baked vegetables with a touch of mustard; and rustic plum tart
in phyllo pastry.
328 Italian Meat Pockets
Savory salami-cheese filling in a tender pocket of beef; tasty twice-baked
potatoes with spinach and cheese; and delicate, golden apricot tart.
329 Eggplant Parmesan
Tender layers of eggplant, cheese and tomato sauce baked in an earthy casserole;
stuffed eggplant with creamy cheese filling; and eggplant rolled around savory
330 Baked Fish Fillets
Snow-white fish fillets baked atop savory eggplant-tomato sauce; creamy soup
with the earthy flavors of wild mushrooms; and quick and easy strawberry tart.
331 Moroccan Almond Chicken Pie
Flavorful chicken and egg filling topped with sweet-spiced almonds and flaky
phyllo crust; delicate shrimp filled phyllo pastries; and walnut filled baklava
drenched in honey syrup.
332 Pasta with Spicy Cauliflower Sauce
Rustic pasta topped with cauliflower, anchovies, garlic and red pepper flakes;
pasta with savory sun-dried tomato and pine nut sauce; and creamy chocolate zabaglione
333 Portuguese Green Soup
Robust Portuguese soup with the traditional flavors of sausage, potatoes and
collard greens; special-occasion whole fish baked in salt crust; and piquant cauliflower
334 Mediterranean Shepherds Pie
Hearty meat stew topped with oven browned Romano mashed potatoes; traditional
Greek salad with tomatoes and feta cheese; and crispy anise flavored cookies;
335 Tunisian Chickpea Soup
Simple chickpea soup flavored with cumin, lemon and feta cheese; Greek salad
with the Sicilian addition of tuna; and irresistible Parmesan nut rolls.
336 Turkey Scallopini with Curry Sauce
Quick and easy turkey with fragrant curry sauce; asparagus and ham sauce over
tender chicken scallopini; and creamy coffee flavored custard.
337 Grilled Polenta with Mushroom Sauce
Savory corn polenta cakes topped with cheese sauce bursting with mushrooms;
quick and delicious broiled onions and mushrooms; and simple herbed mushroom salad.
338 Pesto Marinated Chicken
Plump chicken breasts marinated in basil pesto with a fresh touch of lemon
juice; pesto pasta with the hearty addition of green beans and potatoes; and rustic
sweet peppers with olives and pesto.
339 Gnocchi with Creamy Asparagus and Prosciutto Sauce
Tender potato dumplings topped with creamy asparagus and prosciutto sauce;
rustic pasta with lima beans and Swiss chard; and crunchy hazelnut shortbread